Entrée in A minor
Entree - From Leopold Mozart's Notebook for WolfgangAlthough traditionally attributed to Leopold Mozart, this Entrée in A minor was probably composed by an anonymous composer.
It is part of the Notebook for Wolfgang, the music notebook Leopold Mozart gave to his young son Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1762, when Wolfgang was six years old.
This stately Entrée in A minor has a simple A-A-B-B-A musical form :
- Mm. 1-8 : Part A in the key of A minor
- Mm. 9-16 : Part B in the key of C Major, modulating back to A minor in the last measure
- Mm. 1-8 : Part A, this time without repeat
- Most quarter notes in both the left and right hands should be played slightly detached
- Cadential trills are suggested in measures 7 and 15, even though not indicated by the composer
- Also, in such final cadences, dotted quarter notes should be played double dotted, so that the eighth note following the dotted quarter note becomes a sixteenth note
Also, please note that all slurs and dynamics in this score are editorial and should be regarded as mere suggestions to the player.
Duration : 01:24
Source : Anonymous, Pieces from the Notenbuch für Wolfgang.
This sheet music appears in the following collections :