Trumpet Minuet in D Major
Menuet de trompette - Minuet in D MajorThis Trumpet Minuet in D Major by John Baptist Grano was probably composed in 1731.
This minuet features an A-B-A musical form :
- Section A : (measures 1-48) in the main key of D Major
- Section B : (measures 49-80) in the parallel key of D minor
- Section A : (measures 1-48) repeated without modifications
These ornaments are :
- Trills on repeated notes (measures 2, 4, 10, 12 and similar) : these trills are played ON the beat, starting on the upper auxiliary note, and may include more or less repercussions depending on the player's taste and ability. However, we suggest no termination for these trills
- Cadential trills (measures 14, 31, 47 and 79) : cadential trills are played ON the beat and begin on the upper auxiliary note. As shown in small print in the score, we suggest adding an anticipation note to the trills in measures 14, 31 and 47
Finally, the dynamics given in this score are purely editorial and should be considered as mere suggestions to the player.
Duration : 02:24
This sheet music appears in the following collections :