Concerto RV 315, Op. 8, No. 2 L'Estate (III : Presto) -- Urtext
Four Seasons - Summer- Concerto in G minor - Third MovementThis Presto is the third and last movement in the Concerto RV 315, Op. 8, No. 2 (L'Estate) by Antonio Vivaldi.
This concerto is part of Vivaldi's famous Four Seasons [Le quattro stagioni], a series of four concertos part of Il cimento dell'armonia e dell'inventione [The Contest of Harmony and Invention].
Each concerto in the Four Seasons is associated to a sonnet probably written by Vivaldi himself.
The verses corresponding to the Presto of the Summer concerto are as follows :
Ah che pur troppo i Suo timor Son veri
Tuona e fulmina il Ciel e grandioso
Tronca il capo alle Spiche e a' grani alteri.
[Alas, his fears were justified
The Heavens thunder and roar and majestically
Cut the head off the wheat and damage the grain.]
Please note the following points about this Urtext edition :
- Measures 48-49 : the E natural in the violin part is editorial
- Measure 52 : the E natural in the violin part is editorial
- Measure 54 : the C sharp in the violin part is editorial
- Measures 113 and 120 : the tutti indication is editorial
- Measure 116 : the solo indication is editorial
Duration : 03:09
This sheet music appears in the following collections :
We Also Recommend
Auf Flügeln des Gesanges, Op. 34, No. 2
Violin and piano
Regular price $895 $8.95