Old French Song, Op. 39, No. 16
Mélodie antique française - Album for the YoungThis charming Old French Song, Op. 39, No. 16 is the sixteenth of 24 pieces in Tchaikovsky's Album for the Young.
Tchaikovsky's Old French Song was originally composed for the piano in the key of G minor.
This score is an arrangement for viola and piano.
It is transposed down to the key of C minor.
This arrangement of Old French Song by Tchaikovsky features an A-A-B-A-B'-A' musical form :
- Section A (measures 1 to 8, repeated 9 to 16) : this section is quiet and peaceful
- Section B (measures 17 to 24) : this central section is a little restless, especially in the piano accompaniment
- Section A (measures 25 to 32) : the first section returns with its quiet character
- Section B' (measures 33 to 40) : the restless central section returns, played one octave lower on the viola
- Section A' (measures 41 to 48) : finally, the main section is repeated, this time with the theme played by the piano, with accompaniment by the viola
It is to be played in the first three positions.
Duration : 01:39
This sheet music appears in the following collections :
We Also Recommend
Andantino in C Major, Op. 22, No. 4
Elgar, Sir Edward William
Viola and piano
Regular price $495 $4.95