Study in C Major, Op. 84, No. 25 (Carnaval de Venise)
Carnival of Venice - Melodious and Very Easy - Étude mélodique et très facile - Etude
Charles Dancla's Study in C Major, Op. 84, No. 25 is a theme and two variations based upon the famous melody Le Carnaval de Venise [The Carnival of Venice] by Paul Agricole Génin.
It is to be played in the first and third positions and is concerned mainly with delicate bowings and phrasing.
It has the following musical form :
- Mm. 1-4 : Theme phrase A in C Major
- Mm. 5-8 : Theme phrase A repeated
- Mm. 9-12 : Theme phrase B
- Mm. 13-16 : Theme phrase B repeated
- Mm. 17-32 : Variation 1 in the key of G Major, featuring rapid string crossings, double stops and natural harmonics
- Mm. 33-end : Variation 2 featuring delicate martelé and appogiaturas at the tip of the bow
The short appoggiaturas are to be played very short, ON the beat.
Duration : 01:30
Source : Charles Dancla, 36 Études mélodiques et très faciles pour le violon [36 Melodious and Very Easy Studies for the Violin], Op. 84.
This sheet music appears in the following collections :
We Also Recommend
Study in G Major, Op. 84, No. 21 (Judas Maccabaeus)
Regular price $195 $1.95