Study in B flat Major, Op. 84, No. 33 (God Save the King)
God Save the Queen - Melodious and Very Easy Study - Étude mélodique et très facile - EtudeThis Study Opus 84, No. 33 by Charles Dancla is an Air varié [Theme and variation] on the famous British anthem God Save the King.
This study is to be played in the first, second and third positions.
It has the following musical form :
- Mm. 1-6 : Theme phrase A, in B flat Major, to be played with a solemn character, using a heavy bow and paying attention to the long, slow phrases
- Mm. 7-14 : Theme phrase B, again very solemn
- Mm. 15-20 : Variation of phrase A in rapid sixteenth notes slurred 4 or 8 to a bow, challenging the player's finger action technique
- Mm. 21-26 : Variation of phrase A, same as the preceding, but in spiccato in the middle of the bow
- Mm. 27-34 : Variation of phrase B in rapid sixteenth notes slurred 4 or 8 to a bow
- Mm. 35-end : Variation of phrase B, same as the preceding, but in spiccato in the middle of the bow
Please take note that the editor of this score has included a suggested realization for the trill in measure 13. In particular, this trill is to start ON the beat, on the upper auxiliary note. Depending on the player's ability, more repercussions may be added.
Duration : 02:47
Source : Charles Dancla, 36 Études mélodiques et très faciles pour le violon [36 Melodious and Very Easy Studies for the Violin], Op. 84.
This sheet music appears in the following collections :
We Also Recommend
Air varié sur un thème de Weigl, Op. 89, No. 5
Viola and piano